Voki

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Final Blog Update

Honors biology has probably been the most stressful class I have had in my high-school career so far. Its almost over and this last six weeks has most likely been the most stressful out of any other six week grading period. It might have been because it's when we had our lab practical which was extremely difficult considering that it was a college level test and we are only sophomores. Also our final exam for the entire class falls into this grading period. I have learned that to be a college level student which is what I strive to be in the future, you have to have a great work ethic and time management. I think that my work ethic is good but it can improve, and I really need to improve on my time management skills. The most difficult part of this class was meeting every specific need that was asked of us from Mr. Vogler, because he has a set way of doing things and stretching your brain to make you think. It is extremely difficult at times. Even though the class hasn't been the easiest we had some pretty good times together. I really enjoyed doing the labs, especially the dissecting ones because hearing everyone's reactions to all of it was pretty funny. I also enjoyed the projects even though having two at a time made it seem more stressful I think every one did a great job on almost every project. That is if it didn't have a time limit on it. I have learned from the timed projects that most of us honors kids like to talk a lot, and that we really need to work on preparing for timed things because there are going to be real life situations like that for some of us in the near future and if you exceed the time limit or don't do what you're asked from it you will probably be asked to leave. I think the greatest resource I have to take away from this class is my blog because I know I will have to take a biology class in college that will be pretty similar to this class and if I get stuck or need a reminder of what we are learning about I know I can turn to this to give me a headstart on where I need to look or give me the exact answer I'm looking for. I think this class was a great experience just the way it was I don't think I would change a thing if I were teaching it but I do feel sorry for the next honors class because supposedly their class will have all projects and labs which most likely means more lab practicals. I think this class really prepares you for what is to come in all the classes ahead and tells you exactly what you need to work on personally as a student when given tasks to complete. Overall I am satisfied with my grades even though I know I should have strived harder to receive a better grade because there is always more that you can do. I hope the EOC is not more difficult than this class because I'm not fully prepared yet, but hopefully by the time it comes I will be more than ready. I had a great time in this class but I am more than ready for it to be over and relieve some of this stress.

No comments:

Post a Comment