Voki

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Journal Entry Week 12

This week in biology we started our press conferences and they went pretty well even though my group still hasn't presented yet. We also started our unit dealing with biodiversity I believe, we also started our collection project which is really interesting to me. I'm collecting wild flowers, here are some that I found on Friday:
Wild Onion - Allium
Wild Strawberry - Fragaria vesca
Dandelion - Taraxacum
Violets - Viola reichenbachiana
Bluets- Houstonia caerulea
Wild grape - Vitis
Blackberry - Rubus fruticosus
Redbud - Cercis canadensis
Dogwood - Cornus
Our class had a great experience outside and these are only a few of the flowers I found that day. Having Mr.Vogler and Mr.Thomas as resources walking with us and being able to tell us exactly what things were was extremely helpful. To find these wildflowers we walked around in the field behind the Lyon's club and traveled trails that led us to great results. Even walking down the road back to the School I found lots of wildflowers near the baseball field and up behind them. Some were in the grass and some were on trees, their own branches, even in the ground. There were even a few of them right on school property and with the help of Mr. Vogler and some internet research I was able to find out the names and the scientific names of the ones that I found.

No comments:

Post a Comment